Pegasus Gymnastics Limited (PGCL) is the data controller and is committed to complying with our legal responsibilities under data protection law. We take your privacy seriously and will ensure your personal information is kept secure.
When we collect, use, share, retain or do anything else with your personal information (known collectively as ‘processing’) we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and are responsible as ‘controller’ of your information.
This notice applies to you if you are:
- An existing or prospective member of our club;
- A person with parental responsibility for a member;
- An existing or prospective club volunteer or official; and
It is important that you read this carefully as it contains key information about how we use your personal data and your associated rights.
PGCL is a Charity. Our members are gymnasts or the parents (if the gymnast is a child). We provide the opportunity for our members to participate in our activities, which include recreational classes, training, camps, competitions & displays, squads, FreeG and other similar gymnastics activities.
We register with British Gymnastics who governs the sport, provides insurance for clubs and individual members and offers competitions and events. It is a condition of British Gymnastics club registration that all our club members also register as individual members of British Gymnastics.
We also affiliate to British Gymnastics & South East Gymnastics, Kent Gymnastics who runs competitions and events in which we may participate.
The categories of personal information we process via forms or on our web page via the “Register Your Interest” form includes:
- Contact details (gymnast or parent and emergency contacts) *
- Gymnast date of birth *
- Gymnast gender
- Any relevant medical conditions and/or disabilities and additional related information *
- Other relevant individual needs for example, information about learning, religious or other support needs.
- Details of any reasonable adjustments or steps taken to support your individual needs
- British Gymnastics membership details (which are confirmed by British Gymnastics when you join or renew)
- Gymnast attendance and achievement records
- Any communications from, to or relating to you
- Details relating to standards of conduct
- Any accident or incident reports including details of injuries
- IP address, browser identifier and the time of access (if you use our website)
- Bank details (If you are making regular payments to us or we are making payments to you e.g. for volunteer expenses)
- Tax status (if you have agreed for us to claim gift aid on your donations).
- Experience, qualifications, training and confirmation that you have completed a criminal record check (prospective or existing volunteers).
If you are a competitive gymnast, we record other information about you to support your training and participation in competition such as:
- Training and technical information
- Nationality (if you are competing at international level)
- Dietary requirements and any other relevant information that we need to know to ensure your needs are met; and
- Passport information if the trip is abroad.
- Medical Information for holiday activities, schools, parties and other club run trips.
We use the information we hold about you for a variety of purposes which are outlined below. Data protection law requires us to tell you what our legal reason is for each purpose.
When you ask us to provide you a service, such as club membership or registration, gymnastics classes, competitions, trips or other activities or you buy a product from us we usually need to use information about you to provide these products or service, for example:
- To contact you to confirm arrangements;
- To notify you about changes to terms and conditions;
- To tell you when it is time to renew membership or re-register for activities
- To process payments or send you receipts required.
We do so because it is necessary for the performance of a contract.
We have a duty of care to ensure it is safe for you or your child to take part in gymnastics activity and to keep you/them safe while participating. Some individuals may be at risk of harm from participating in gymnastics activity as a result of a pre-existing condition. It is vital that you let us know if there is any reason why taking part in gymnastic activity may be unsafe prior to participation. With your agreement, we will review any information you provide and undertake risk assessments in consultation with yourself and any appropriate trained professionals e.g. medical consultants. When we ask participants to provide relevant health information such as details of medical conditions, medication needs, allergies or injuries, this is because we have a legal obligation.
If you are selected for a role at the club, we will usually obtain a reference from any appropriate organisation or individual you have nominated.
When you tell us about any special needs such as disabilities or other support information we may use relevant information to comply with our legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010. We will review any information you have provided to help us identify any actions we can take to support inclusion. We may need to ask you for more information to help us to best meet your or your child’s needs. We will keep a record of any steps we take to support inclusion.
If you are wishing to volunteer as a coach or work with children for us, we may need to ask you to complete a DBS record check as we have a legal obligation to do so. We jointly control the checking process with British Gymnastics who is responsible for the assessment of any content on the check and will only share information with us where it is appropriate. For example, if you are considered by British Gymnastics to be unsuitable to take on the role, we may share relevant and proportionate information about DBS offences where it is deemed that while you are not considered unsuitable to take on the role, if it is considered necessary for safeguarding purposes.
We rely on legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- Responding to communications, concerns or complaints and seeking feedback from you about our services.
- Holding emergency contact information
- Maintaining attendance registers, competition results, badge information and waiting lists
For health and safety purposes and club records, we need to maintain a register of those in attendance at training or other club activities.
If there are no places in the club, we can place you on our waiting list and will contact you using the details you provide to inform you when a place is available.
- Entering you into a competition and providing results
- Collecting additional information to support a participant attending a club trip
Occasionally we organise residential events or trips. If you or your child registers for one of these events, we will need to collect additional information, that may vary dependent on the specific activities and whether they involve meals and travel. Additional information we require may include passport information and any other relevant information necessary to provide support whilst away from home.
- Monitoring performance and undertaking fitness
- To monitor that you have completed any required safeguarding training and criminal record checks
- Filming for coaching purposes
- Photography and filming at large club events to promote the club –
Let us know if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed or do not want your image to be published. While we can usually take steps to prevent you from being photographed or filmed at small club events, please bear in mind that at our large public events, it may be difficult to avoid capturing you in footage. However, we always review all photographs prior to publication and we will ensure any images of you are deleted. If we are filming or taking photos for any other purpose, we will ask for your consent.
- Running and monitoring our club website and social media
We do not use any tracking or analytics on our website. Your IP address will be logged by our webserver but we would not be able to identify you from this information alone.
- Using CCTV for security and crime detection/prevention
- Entering you into a competition and providing results
- To use your email or telephone numbers for marketing purposes
- To take photographs and video at a club event or training for publication.
- To claim gift aid
Special categories of personal data are a category of information that is more sensitive and requires greater protection. Some of the information we process falls into this category (e.g. health/medical data or any information you provide to us about a disability or your religion, race or gender identity). It is unlawful for organisations to process this type of information unless an additional legal condition applies. We will only process this type of information if one of the following applies:
- You have given your explicit consent or have made this information public;
- We are required to do so to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- We are required to do so to comply with employment or social security or social protection law;
- Legitimate activities of a Charity organisation;
- There is a substantial public interest in doing so; or
- It is in your vital interests and you are unable to provide consent e.g. if you are unconscious or do not have sufficient mental capacity.
We will send you our newsletter and other information about our club activities, services and products that are only relevant to Pegasus Gymnastics Club based on your membership requirements.
- Complying with legal and/or regulatory responsibilities
- Obtaining legal or professional advice
- Obtaining a service from a third party
All service providers are contractually required to ensure your information is secure and cannot use this information for their own purposes. Where we are required to share information with them to provide the service, we only disclose information that is strictly necessary to deliver the service.
- When travelling to Portugal camps, a copy of passport details may be required by the residential establishment.
You have important rights under data protection law. In summary these include:
- To be informed about how your information is processed (set out above)
- To access any personal data held about you
- To have your data rectified if it is inaccurate
- To have your data deleted (except if there is a valid lawful reason to retain it)
- To have your information restricted or blocked from processing
If you object to processing, we will restrict the processing of your information for the purpose to which you are objecting whilst we review your objection.
- To portability
- To object to:
The right to object is specific to the data subject’s particular situation. We will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your individual interests, rights and freedoms or we need to continue to process your information in connection with a legal claim. Click the link for the required form Objectiontoprocessingform.docx
To exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about our privacy notice please contact:
Lacra Rugina, Head of Administration, Pegasus Gymnastics Ltd, Farleigh Hill, Tovil, Maidstone, Kent. ME15 6RG
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine reason to need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will you and the ICO of any personal data breaches in line with our legal obligations.
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was published on 10th August 2018 and last updated on 15th March 2022.